Re: [News] International Embassies Run GNU/Linux on the Desktop

Mart van de Wege wrote:
Erik Funkenbusch writes:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

German Foreign Ministry starts open source blitzkreig

,----[ Quote ]
"The embassies in Japan and Korea have completely
switched over, the embassy in Madrid has been
exclusively using GNU/Linux since October last year,"
said Rolf Schuster, a diplomat at the German Embassy in
Madrid.
`----

http://www.itexaminer.com/german-foreign-ministry-starts-open-source-blitzkreig.aspx

Odd that it took them 4 years to do it.

Not odd at all. They are just being careful and thinking about
the needs of their users.

Unlike a certain consultant we all know, who does
badly-planned cowboy solutions and then blames his tools.

Or the other that uses Debian unstable as a basis for the so called, alleged problems with Debian stable, then criticises forks like Ubuntu.

But we have a new one who speaks in the spirit of Hadron, again criticising advocates. I guess the economic situation is so poor that Direct-X software programmers are out of work, looking for contracts to post in COLA.

--
HPT