Re: [News] International Embassies Run GNU/Linux on the Desktop

Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:13:04 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> German Foreign Ministry starts open source blitzkreig
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "The embassies in Japan and Korea have completely switched over, the embassy
>>| in Madrid has been exclusively using GNU/Linux since October last year," said
>>| Rolf Schuster, a diplomat at the German Embassy in Madrid.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itexaminer.com/german-foreign-ministry-starts-open-source-blitzkreig.aspx
>
> Odd that it took them 4 years to do it.

Not odd at all.

They are just being careful and thinking about the needs of their users.

Unlike a certain consultant we all know, who does badly-planned cowboy
solutions and then blames his tools.

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.