[News] Reviewers Agree That Ubuntu 8.10 is a Success

Ubuntu 8.10 - All Hail new Network Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical, the developers behind Ubuntu Linux have release Intrepid Ibex, the
| successor to last spring's Hardy Heron release. Ibex isn't a long-term
| support release - which might put off some large organizations - but for
| Ubuntu desktop fans, version 8.10 makes a worthwhile upgrade.
|
| [...]
|
| The slew of upgraded apps and packages always makes new releases tempting,
| but for us it was NetworkManager and GNOME's tabbed browser windows that
| sealed the deal.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/03/ubuntu_8_dot_one_review/

Ubuntu : Media reviews of Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| So far reviews from Heise Online- and screenshot collections from
| builder.au - and more reviews from webmonkey, Linuxformat, CRN.com,
| Polishlinux, Lifehacker, ITWire, LinuxJournal TheRegister and WorksWithU
`----

http://ubuntu-news.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5405

Ubuntu : What the bloggers think of Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| I gave up getting all the bloggers commenting and reviewing Ubuntu, so here's
| different opinions from quite a lot of them of them....I stopped counting how
| many I have in this list...[updated daily]
`----

http://ubuntu-news.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5404

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.10 Shows Linux OS Is Now Mature, Preludes Mobile Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical released Ubuntu 8.10 (or Intrepid Ibex to stick to its project
| codename) and it is not hard to see that the leading Linux distribution is
| now evolving into a fully fledged contender to MacOSX and Windows Vista.
|
| The new version of the OS - build using v2.6.27 of the Linux Kernel and Gnome
| 2.24 - can be freely downloaded from dozens of file servers worldwide and is
| a major milestone both for the client and desktop versions.
`----

http://security.itproportal.com/articles/2008/11/01/ubunty-810-shows-linux-os-now-mature-preludes-mobile-platform/

Ubuntu Linux 8.10’s five best features

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been running Ubuntu 8.10, aka “Intrepid Ibex,” on a Gateway GT5622. This
| PC uses a 1.80GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 processor. It has 3GB of RAM,
| a 400GB SATA II hard drive and a DVD R/W drive. For graphics, it uses the
| Intel GMA (Graphics Media Accelerator) 950, which was set to pull 224MB of
| RAM from main memory to use as shared video memory.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/ubuntu_linux_8_10s_five_best_features

Canonical's Ubuntu 8.10 server enhances virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1337002,00.html?track=sy184