Re: [News] Another Win for Linux in the Restaurant

Verily I say unto thee, that JEDIDIAH spake thusly:
> On 2008-11-04, DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> No, I'm still not:
>>
>> http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/mcdonalds_menu.RowPar.40645.ContentPar.19145.ColumnPar.70489.DownloadFiles.0001.File.tmp/CS-9694_McD_Menu.pdf
>
> Hey, it's your body. Kid yourself all you like.
>
> This is one area where your stupidity doesn't harm me.

I'm not sure what DooFuS is trying to prove, but everything on that menu
is loaded with either fat or sugar or both - IOW the archetypal American
diet, which is why so many of them are obese:

[quote]
Last month, researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public
Health came out with another report, in what has been a parade of dire
warnings about obesity in the United States. In a study published in the
July issue of Obesity, they concluded that unless our eating habits or
exercise habits change, 86 percent of the American population will be
overweight or obese by 2030. More than a third of American adults—over
72 million people—were obese in 2005 and 2006, according to the Centers
for Disease Control. The obese are more susceptible to an array of
health problems, such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, heart disease
and stroke. Widespread obesity also means that today's children may even
have a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
[/quote]

http://www.newsweek.com/id/153309

Despite the "choices" on that menu (i.e. sugar, fat or both) I bet 99%
of all "burger bar" patrons go for a) the biggest hamburger on the menu
and b) the "supersize" option on both the fries and the soda and c) the
Coke ... and then go back for seconds. They'll eat that three times a
day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), and probably another couple of times
in between meals too.

The only thing worse that a fat; greedy bastard, is a fat; greedy
bastard with no imagination.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 04:05:07 up 25 days, 14:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.20, 0.10