[News] GNU/Linux Works for the Family, Learning Curve is Moderate

Linux *is* granny-compatible, since long

,----[ Quote ]
| Concerning our aunt: she will be very pleased with Ubuntu, I’m sure. As a
| normal home user nowadays, you don’t need much more - she’s happy with her
| Mahjongg for herself and Planet Penguin Racer for some grand children. Never
| had a happier “customer” than her - which shows that Linux just works, no
| matter which age the “target” “customer” is. For her, she never asked for
| something else. And if that isn’t a success story on its own, then I dunno
| what would be.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=733

The Linux learning curve is flatter than ever.

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the biggest so called barriers to adopting Linux is what is called the
| learning curve. Many people describe the learning curve for Linux to be a
| steep one. It used to be but not any more.
|
| A steep learning curve is where to be able to use what you are learning
| effectively you need to learn a lot. The more you have to learn the steeper
| the learning curve. The less you have to learn the flatter the learning curve
| (duh!).
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/the-linux-learning-curve-is-flatter-than-ever-28076

Recent: