[News] Eulogy for Software Patents Sung in Web Sites

Software and business method patents take a hit

,----[ Quote ]
| Certainly we are not at the end of this, but for the first time in a long
| time advocates of software patents have been put on the defensive. This is
| really big.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3052

State Street Overruled... PERIOD

,----[ Quote ]
| The Federal Circuit has overruled State Street and software patents are no
| longer available as they have come to be available over the last 10 to 15
| years.
`----

http://www.pli.edu/patentcenter/blog.asp?view=plink&id=369

US court throws out most software patents - Microsoft has a problem

,----[ Quote ]
| Much of the patent portfolio of some of the world's biggest software
| companies has become worthless overnight, thanks to a ruling yesterday by the
| US patent court.
`----

http://www.itexaminer.com/us-court-throws-out-most-software-patents.aspx

The Scariest Things in Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Another scary thing for those in Open Source would be patents.  Honestly,
| thanks to the legal work done by so many in the FOSS world (big props to you
| guys), patents have more or less become a huge paper tiger.  They still scare
| a lot of people, but in the end, all the saber rattling by the big boys
| (Microsoft, Oracle, Apple, Intel, etc, etc) have more or less rendered
| patents as nothing more than dead trees splattered with ink.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=483

Federal Circuit Reins in Business Method Patents

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/tblee/federal-circuit-reins-business-method-patents

`----