[News] [Rival] Co-founder of Microsoft Office Live Jumps Ship

GMI Appoints Luis Salazar as Chief Marketing Officer

,----[ Quote ]
| Most recently, as General Manager for Marketing, he co-founded Microsoft
| Office Live, leading worldwide marketing and engineering teams through
| several successful product launches, reaching millions of customers with one
| of the first business-focused services from Microsoft that is monetized
| through advertising revenue.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/GMI-Appoints-Luis-Salazar-Chief/story.aspx?guid=%7B7FFC0A1C-D823-4AD4-AFFA-3DA99C369766%7D

Office Live was a failure. Microsoft admitted people didn't come.

The manager left too (see below).

Recent:

TASER International as Chief Strategy Officer

,----[ Quote ]
| Most recently, Mr. Dhillon was a Senior Executive at Microsoft(r), leading
| the team responsible for Business Development, Strategy, Product Innovation,
| and Mergers/Acquisitions for Microsoft Office Live, one of Microsoft's four
| strategic initiatives that spearhead Microsoft's transition to a "Software
| plus Service" business model. He was responsible for the Business Social
| Networking, Sales and Marketing Offers, and Unmanaged Communications Services
| platforms.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/former-head-business-development-ma/story.aspx?guid=%7B9C13B9DD-02A0-4821-8B79-C207513A91DE%7D&dist=hppr

Related:

Microsoft faces Office Live lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| A company called Office Live said Friday it has filed a
| trademark infringement lawsuit against Microsoft over the
| software giant's use of "Office Live" for its on-demand
| productivity tools.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6161689.html

Is Windows Live dying?

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last year, Microsoft's Windows Live service lineup has
| grown exponentially. At one point months ago, it seemed clear
| that every service Microsoft brought online would fall under the
| Live brand, but lately the trend seems to be moving slowly in
| the opposite direction. What's happening to Windows Live?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/2/20/7154

Windows Live Shopping no more - MSN Shopping to remain

,----[ Quote ]
| From today Windows Live Shopping beta will be taken offline, with users
| being sent to MSN Shopping, available at shopping.msn.com.
`----

http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/02/19/windows-live-shopping-no-more-msn-shopping-to-remain.aspx
http://tinyurl.com/287gy6

Sources: Several Windows Live Projects Halted

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Windows Live desktop search project has been
| shelved "indefinitely," although not much reasoning has been
| given as to the reason for its demise.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Sources_Several_Windows_Live_Projects_Halted/1163715423

Microsoft Office Live migration is adding insult to injury

,----[ Quote ]
| On January 29, Microsoft posted to the Office Live blog a status update
| re: the migration. The news isn't good.
|
| Office Live logoBeta testers are still potentially "months" away fromb
| eing migrated to the final version of their Office Live services.
| Functionality like backup and restore isn't going to work until
| their accounts are migrated. And Microsoft will give testers only
| a 24-hour heads-up when they are set to be migrated. During that
| 24-hour period, users won't be able to make changes to their
| Office Live sites.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=243

Office Live: Better Off Dead?

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month I killed Office Live in an act of self defense, after
| repeated access problems and attempts to move my domain to another
| registrar. Judging from the comments to that post, there's an Office
| Live killing spree going on. Not surprisingly, Microsoft wants to put
| an end to the wanton killing.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/office_live_better_off_dead.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/ybsz2o