Re: LAYOFFS at Microsoft

Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

[snip]

>    Hint: there are lots of great programmers at Microsoft too. Come over to
>    the Tablet PC team. The Media Center team. Or visit Chris Pratley of the
>    OneNote team. Or step on over and meet the Visual Studio team. Heck, and
>    we won't even bring up the wild stuff that's going on in the research
>    department. Oh, and did you see that we hired the guy who invented the
>    Wiki? The guy who invented Tetris? Have you looked at the code on Xbox
>    Live? How can you say that great programmers aren't coming to work here?

So, what's happened to them? Why don't we see great things coming out of
Redmond?

Is it intentional that MS buries all the good programmers it can find to
keep them from building competing products? Or just a case of Hanlon's
Razor at work?

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Have gnu, will travel.