Re: [News] New Sound Server for Linux, Linux Remote Control

CROSSPOST TROLL !!! CROSPOSTING REMOVED

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 00:44:49 -0400, Glenn Carlson wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:07:15 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 01:30:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> ALSA 1.0.18 Final Now Available, Lots of Changes
>>
>> Does this one actually work?
>> Can Linux play two sounds at once yet?

Sure, every Netbook running Linux has perfectly working audio, microphioe
and camera.

> Why even bother?

Why not ?

> Linux has absolutely no place in pro audio.

If that's true, neither has Windows. Apple is the pro audio pc leader I
believe.

> Those guys are too busy
> churning out editors and compilers to worry about decent audio.

It's compilers that make everything, including audio.

But you're right, Linux makes sure its foundations are rock solid before
building upwards.

> Last time I tried Linux, the left and right channels of my RME card were
> reversed.

OH MY GOD!

> I wrote the developers and they asked me how I could tell and if I
> thought anyone else would be able to notice.

I doubt that. Linux developers really care about their babies.