[News] Ubuntu Open Week Announced, Interview with Ubuntu Community Manager

Ubuntu Open Week Encourages New Contributors to Get Involved

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu community manager Jono Bacon announced Wednesday the Ubuntu Open Week
| schedule for the Jaunty release. Ubuntu Open Weeks are routinely held right
| after a release to welcome and encourage new contributors to get involved in
| work on the next...
`----

http://ostatic.com/175949-blog/ubuntu-open-week-encourages-new-contributors-to-get-involved

Linux Outlaws 61 - Bono Jacon, You've Got Mail!

,----[ Quote ]
| This week, we have some Linux news as usual and we also interview Jono Bacon
| about his recent Severed Fifth album release, Ubuntu and also Free Software
| and Free Culture in general.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/61

Recent:

The Ubuntu Linux community gets its first (second?) rock star

,----[ Quote ]
| You would think that it's a hard enough job taking on Microsoft's desktop
| dominance. Ubuntu's community lead Jono Bacon, however, may actually have an
| even more audacious goal in mind: completely change the economics of the
| music industry.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10067545-16.html

More From the Open Source Music Garage

,----[ Quote ]
| The thing many people don't realize is that successful musicians get most of
| their money from live performances, not album sales. Since the Severed Fifth
| album will be offered for free, sales of the album are irrelevant, and
| commercial success isn't a stated goal of the project. If Severed Fifth can
| simply create an enthusiastic community around an album, live performances
| might attract audiences and grow the community larger, though. It will be
| interesting to watch this effort.
`----

http://ostatic.com/174422-blog/more-from-the-open-source-music-garage

Best Music Player For Ubuntu - Exaile?