[News] Screenshots of Ubuntu 8.10, Look at New Visual Features

Photos: Ubuntu 'Intrepid Ibex' boldly goes forth

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux developers Canonical have released their latest version of Ubuntu
| (8.10), Intrepid Ibex, into the wild. This screenshot gallery gives you a
| look at the new distribution and all the free goodies inside.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Photos-Ubuntu-Intrepid-Ibix-boldly-goes-forth/0,130061733,339292927,00.htm

Ubuntu 8.10: What’s New?

,----[ Quote ]
| Another six months, another Ubuntu release. This time around the table we
| have the Intrepid Ibex; 8.10. Not quite a ground-breaking release, but rather
| the framework for one. Why do I say that? Because there isn’t much new
| immediately visible to the user. Let’s take a look.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2008/10/28/ubuntu-810-new/

Recent:

Horny for Ubuntu 8.10: first look at Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release of Ubuntu 8.10, codenamed Intrepid Ibex, was made
| available on Saturday. This preliminary Intrepid prerelease includes updated
| packages, a new version of the Linux kernel, and an experimental new visual
| style.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080629-horny-for-ubuntu-8-10-first-look-at-intrepid-ibex.html

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the first things to notice about Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 1 is its new theme.
| Originally, Ubuntu 8.04 was supposed to introduce a (much-anticipated) new
| default theme for Ubuntu, but that was pushed back into Intrepid Ibex. The
| theme in Alpha 1 is much different from any previous version of Ubuntu (see
| The Visual History of Ubuntu). There is much browner and the current design
| is a complete overhaul with nearly everything being different aside from the
| background. However, we are only at Alpha 1 and there is still much more work
| left with fine-tuning this theme before it's settled in October.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_810_alpha1&num=1

Ubuntu Linux 8.10

,----[ Quote ]