Re: Ripping CDs in KDE - Can it Get ANY Easier?

"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxx> stated in post
4907b18d$0$30221$9b4e6d93@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 10/28/08 5:42 PM:

> TomB wrote:
>
>> On 2008-10-29, Roy Schestowitz was urged to write the following:
>>>
>>> * Enter CD
>>>
>>> * Pop-up menu shows up asking if the user's desire is to play or open the
>>> CD's content in a file manager. Open in file manager.
>>>
>>> * Voila! In the background, KDE has fetched the tracks info for the
>>> entire album (over the Web) and within 1 second the tracks appear as
>>> aptly-named files.
>>>
>>> *Drag and drop the directory called MP3 (or Ogg) where you want it and
>>> bam! All done.
>>>
>>> How is this done in Windows?
>>
>> This is a *great* Konqueror feature. OSX fans should adore it, as it
>> doesn't get any easier than this...
>
> Just ask Snot Michael Glasser.
> He will explain why a convoluted mess, consisting of at least half a dozen
> mouse-clicks in seemingly unrelated positions will result in something
> similar, albeit not quite (most of the target formats will be missing).
>
> And then declare the OSX way superior

Really Peter, what "half a dozen mouse-clicks in seemingly unrelated
positions" do you mean?  Please be specific.

Peter runs in 3... 2... 1...

100% predictable.

Yes, Peter, you are that predictable...

--
... something I'm committed to work on, focusing increasing amounts of
resources of Canonical on figuring out on how we actually move the desktop