Re: Linux / Open Standards Conference Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest !!

Terry Porter wrote:
Sinister Midget wrote:
chrisv claimed:
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

Nothing can replace the ability to walk up to someone and strike up a conversation. You can't do that at a virtual conference.

Or, in your case, walk up to Sweaty and sniff his ass, eh Erik?

"There is no evidence, nor has it been proven that anything Microsoft has done has actually prevented competition,

Apart from the 1999 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA finding of fact :-

80. Executives at Microsoft received confirmation in early May
1995 that Netscape was developing a version of Navigator to
run on Windows 95, which was due to be released in a couple of
months. Microsoft's senior executives understood that if they
could prevent this version of Navigator from presenting alternatives to the Internet-related APIs in Windows 95, the technologies branded as Navigator would cease to present an alternative platform to developers.

We all know what happened to Netscape don't we ?

even if their actions have been found to be anti-competitive." - Erik Funkenbusch

Wow, I missed that one!

Another Wintrolls fantasy version of the Monopolists history.

Another example:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/57f48256f4b5f71c