Re: Linux / Open Standards Conference Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest !!

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Geez Terry, are you really that stupid?
>>
>> <snip Eriks Wintroll fantasies>
>>
>> I suggest the casual reader check out the following article to determine
>> whether Microsoft has been found guilty of abusing their monopoly
>> position, instead of listening to a well know Wintrolls historical
>> fantasies:-
>>
>> http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f3800/msjudgex.htm
>
> I suggest, Terry, that you stop twisting facts.
>
> So you're seriously going to pretend that it's fantasy that AOL paid $5
> Billion dollars for Netscape in 1998?  Are you serious?  It's fact, Terry.
>
> You're the one living in fantasy land.
>
> And again, you seem incapable of understanding simple english.  I did not
> deny that Microsoft was found guilty of anti-competitive behavior.  I even
> said as much that they were.  My comments were about the difference between
> anti-competitive behavior and actually blocked competition.

Who's twisting, Erik?

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape_Communications_Corporation

   America Online (AOL) on November 24, 1998 announced it would acquire
   Netscape Communications in a tax-free stock-swap valued at US$4.2 billion
   at the time of the announcement.

I wonder why AOL wanted Netscape, anyway?

   After the Microsoft antitrust case found that Microsoft held and had
   abused monopoly power, AOL filed suit against it for damages.[16] This
   suit was settled in May 2003 when Microsoft paid US $750 million to AOL
   and agreed to share some technologies, including granting AOL a license
   to use and distribute Internet Explorer royalty-free for seven
   years.[17][18] This was considered to be the death knell for Netscape.

   On July 15, 2003, Time Warner (formerly AOL Time Warner) disbanded
   Netscape.

--
((lambda (foo) (bar foo)) (baz))