[News] Free Software Promotes in Europe and Africa

Ingres Supports Open Source Initiative of European Union

,----[ Quote ]
| Ingres Corporation, a leading provider of open source database management
| software and support services, today announced its support of the European
| program for the promotion of open source technology with Ingres Board, one of
| the first contributions to the Open Source Observatory and Repository (OSOR).
| Ingres Board is an enterprise-class solution for meeting management in the
| public sector.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20081027005471&newsLang=en

Innovation Week in Africa – Young business innovators are making money with
Open Source.

,----[ Quote ]
| All through last week, I spent my time in Ghana at the Ghana-India Kofi Annan
| Center for Excellence in ICT ( AITI-KACE ) in Accra. It has been an
| incredibly refreshing experience for me, personally, and for the hundreds of
| students, developers, businesses, bankers and educators that are
| participating in the forum.
`----

http://opensource.org/node/369

Recent:

Open Source Repository: Public Launch of the European Open Source Repository

,----[ Quote ]
| The launch of the Open Source Observatory and Repository for European Public
| Administrations will be held in Màlaga on the 20th of October during the Open
| Source World Conference, one of the most important FLOSS event in Europe.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/09/03/open-source-repository-public-launch-of-the-european-open-source-repository/

Related:

European spend on open source software hits 22bn Euros

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single7850