[News] Previews and Early Looks at Ubuntu and Kubuntu 8.10

Preview: Ubuntu/Kubuntu 8.10 “Intrepid Ibex”

,----[ Quote ]
| As a whole, I think the Ubuntu and Kubuntu teams deserve a giant pat on the
| back.  While I was only looking at a beta here, I think I will be making the
| jump over the weekend to Kubuntu.  I am a longtime Ubuntu user and I still
| like Ubuntu a lot, but I think it’s time to give the latest KDE a shot!
`----

http://www.geardiary.com/2008/10/26/preview-ubuntukubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex/

My Intrepid Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| As an added bonus, it’s my understanding that new kernel now supports some
| broadcom wifi cards out of the box. I have not yet installed on anything
| using broadcom, but I did install the proposed kernel in hardy on another
| system with broadcom and all seems well there. I look forward to trying
| Intrepid on a macbook. I believe that could be a marriage of great hardware
| and design with a great OS.
`----

http://ubuntukids.org/blog/?p=113

Review : Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex"

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall Ubuntu 8.10 is a well polished desktop Linux distribution , though
| not radically different from earlier version 8.04 of Ubuntu. Features like
| Tabbed Browsing in Nautilus , Encrypted Folders , better Hardware
| support ,being faster etc are reason compelling enough to Upgrade to the
| latest offering from Ubuntu team.
`----

http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2008/10/review-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex.html

Recent:

Kubuntu 8.10 'Intrepid Ibex' Beta Screenshots Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| I took these screenshots using a Kubuntu Intrepid Beta installation after
| performing a full dist-upgrade, at 1280x1024, with the nVIDIA 173 driver
| installed. I left all the settings in applications default, but I had to make
| fonts smaller and resize windows (in Konqueror for example), because they
| didn't look very well as default. The default theme used is Oxygen.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2008/10/kubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex-beta.html

Ubuntu 8.10 Release Candidate Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-8-10-Release-Candidate-Screenshot-Tour-96353.shtml