[News] Discussions About New/Upcoming Ubuntu GNU/Linux Features

Ubuntu 8.10 - Comprehensive Review of 10 Main Features

,----[ Quote ]
| As we wrap up this segment, what is the bottom line? The bottom line is to
| wait for a very feature-rich and sophisticated network enabled operating
| system, Ubuntu release - Intrepid Ibex. Ubuntu 8.10 has every potential to
| become the most user-friendly open source operating systems till date, giving
| the unpopular Microsoft Windows Vista a run for its money.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/ubuntu-810-comprehensive-review-of-10-main-features/

The Philosophy and Features of Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| The Intrepid Ibex release on the 30th offers many new features for a
| community that is clearly growing. Carr says an estimated 650,000 users are
| on the Ubuntu support/community forums, and there are 170 LoCo (Local
| Community) groups. With the addition of the USB image creation tool, guest
| accounts, and quick and easy 3G connectivity configuration, it seems this
| number is only set to increase.
`----

http://ostatic.com/175911-blog/the-philosophy-and-features-of-ubuntu-8-10

Features I’d Like to See in Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)

,----[ Quote ]
| There is no doubt that Compiz Fusion is extremely popular nowadays. Is the
| Settings Manager really that big of a package that they cannot include it in
| the default install? I think many users would enjoy being able to tweak
| Compiz instead of having only the basic functions. I don’t get the “you’re
| just here for the eye-candy” argument due to the fact that compiz is being
| shipped in the default install. Why not go all the way then?
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/10/26/features-id-like-to-see-in-ubuntu-904-jaunty-jackalope/
http://tinyurl.com/55pt76

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117