Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Suing the Whole World to Extract Money

http://news.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=7&a=367237

>> This doesn't actually bother me one way or the other. I think they
>> should sue pirates, and anyone who does pirate software (MS's or
>> anyone else's) should not get away with it.
>>
>> This is totally different to MS excluding others from competing with
>> them of course.
>

> It bothers Spamowitz because it's Microsoft and he thinks they should give
> their work away for free.  But when someone asks him (or most any Linux
> idiot hypocrite) to work for free, they refuse.

You still willfully confuse "free" (as no costs) with "Free" (as in free,
open software).

Nowhere in the GPL for example is stated that you can't charge money (even
very high sums) for your software
I have given away software I wrote for the low cost of shipping and
handling.

But most open software I wrote had a price tag for the customer, sometimes
even a high price tag. And guess what: They still got the source, and don't
feel at all inclined to distribute it further. Why should they? They paid
for the software, they got it, complete with source. So they /can/
distribute it, but I highly doubt they will. Neither will I do so. And
guess what: You cretin can't do anything about it. You have absolutely no
right to demand that software from anyone

You are either incredibly dishonest, or incredibly stupid to not know that
this is happening all the time in OSS

I guess, in your case it is both
--
Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course