Re: Upgrade to Windows 7 now!!!!

Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:

> I find this whole thing a real shame. Microsoft undoubtedly started
> out as a company with good intentions.

[Choke!!!]

"Good intentions"?

Microsoft "started out" as a Harvard student dumpster-diving for
operating system code (today that would be considered "IP" violation).

They then progressed to lying to IBM about having an OS they could use,
when in fact Microsoft had yet to purchase it from Patterson, who in
turn had stolen it from Kildall (CP/M).

They then took their GUI from the Apple Lisa, initially with permission,
but subsequently they just copied and plagiarised everything from Apple
with wild abandon (and absolute impunity, it seems).

Microsoft then embarked upon a campaign of destruction and pillaging
worthy of Atilla the Hun, using every dirty trick in the book to further
their megalomaniacal obsessions, as they "knifed the baby"; "cut off
[companies'] air supply"; "tilted [products] into the death spiral"; and
fundamentally conducted their business like a bunch of gangsters running
a racketeering operation, leaving the corpses of their victims littering
the road to their "success".

Yeah ... Microsoft had "good intentions".

"Good" for /them/, certainly.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 21:40:29 up 16 days,  7:36,  4 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.02