Re: Upgrade to Windows 7 now!!!!

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:39:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ SomeBloke on Wednesday 22 October 2008 19:28 : \____
>
>> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:45:37 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> ____/ SomeBloke on Wednesday 22 October 2008 17:46 : \____

>>> it should be called "Vista 7" to remind people that it's just a Vista
>>> service pack (ask Ballmer). Same problems, same ugly EULA (if not
>>> worse)...
>>>
>>> - --
>>>                 ~~ Best of wishes
>>>

>> By the time it's released (escapes?) it will probably inform the
>> purchaser that it needs a lot more powerful hardware than the average
>> user is willing to spend, even after upgrading to a quad-core CPU, 8Gb
>> of Ram and a graphics card with a terrabyte of graphics ram.
>>
>> Green computing is not on the MS agenda. No surprise there.
>
> I'm not sure if they even *have* an agenda. It's a very short-term one
> if one exists because they lack direction (and they know it!). They are
> losing in servers, their desktop market share erodes and they lose
> billions in Entertainment and Web.
>
> - --
>                 ~~ Best of wishes

 The problem with companies in Microsoft's increasingly uncomfortable
position is that they tend to lash out wildly, even blindly at real or
perceived enemies.
Ballmer is a predictable loose cannon, inasmuch as he will obsessively
spend a lot of cash to attack anyone or any company that he judges is
threatening Microsofts market share. GNU/Linux is difficult to attack in
this regard because of its widely scattered structure.
The patent threat can only affect the average user if Microsoft reveal
which patents the GNU/Linux kernel is 'infringing'. On past evidence this
is not likely to happen, Ballmer knows he is on to a loser there.
Europe, on the whole, disregards the patent issue in spite of McCreevy.
If the majority of European GNU/Linux users have the same attitude to
patents as me then they will continue to use GNU/Linux regardless.

I find this whole thing a real shame. Microsoft undoubtedly started out
as a company with good intentions. They have become increasingly control
orientated, so much that it has put off people like myself who get their
living from supporting Windows users. I am cynical about the whole
Partner programme, it appears to exist solely to spread propaganda. A
sense of reality blowing through Microsofts corridors would do the whole
computer industry some real good. Whether this will happen I sadly doubt.

--
I'm always kind, polite and reasonable...

except when I'm not.