[News] Linux 2009.0 Reaches First Releases Candidate, More Stable Kernels Released

  • Subject: [News] Linux 2009.0 Reaches First Releases Candidate, More Stable Kernels Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 01:33:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux 2.6.28-rc1 Kernel Released

,----[ Quote ]
| With two weeks having passed since the Linux 2.6.27 kernel release, Linus
| Torvalds has closed the merge window for the next kernel (Linux 2.6.28) and
| he has pushed out the first release candidate in this next series.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjgxMQ

Gentoo-sources 2.6.27-r1 release

,----[ Quote ]
| I just released a new gentoo-sources 2.6.27 which includes linux patches
| 2.6.27.1, 2.6.27.2 and 2.6.27.3.
`----

http://www.mpagano.com/blog/?p=73

A pile of stable kernel updates

,----[ Quote ]
| The 2.6.25.19, 2.6.26.7, and 2.6.27.3 stable kernel updates are out; each
| contains about a dozen important fixes. It seems that 2.6.25 and 2.6.26 will
| probably only get one more stable update after this, so users of mainline
| kernels are being encouraged to move forward to 2.6.27.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/304476/

Recent:

Linux Foundation: the kernel is worth $1.4 billion

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081023-linux-foundation-the-kernel-is-worth-1-4-billion.html