[News] Mozilla Man Reviews the Linux-based G1 Phone

two days with the G1

,----[ Quote ]
| I really like the phone, especially as a 1.0 version.  I’d buy it again and
| would recommend it to others.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=852

Recent:

T-Mobile G1

,----[ Quote ]
| The first phone with Google’s Android operating system boasts excellent
| ergonomics and call quality, but it’s held back by the lack of such basic
| features as a standard headphone jack.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/39727/review/g1.html

Handset OS - Can Android break up the status quo?

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile's launch of the G1, the HTC-built device built on Google's Android
| platform and OS, generated big headlines recently. But, with Samsung and
| Motorola also slated to produce Android handsets this year, and with Symbian
| taken in-house and then due to be open sourced by Nokia, are we witnessing a
| deeper change in the mobile OS market. Far from consolidation in smartphone
| OS, it seems that operators are being asked to support a couple of major
| flavours of Linux (Android and LiMo), as well as Symbian, Windows Mobile, as
| well as Blackberry and Apple's proprietary systems.
`----

http://www.mobileeurope.co.uk/features/114211/Handset_OS_-_Can_Android_break_up_the_status_quo%3F.html

Review: Over 260 images and 5 videos of the T-Mobile G1 Google Android device

http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=179

Motorola's Linux strategy evolves with Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola was one of the first major handset makers to embrace the Linux
| platform. Its earliest Linux-based phones were popular in China, enabling the
| company to sell over 5 million of the penguin-powered devices by 2006.
| Following that initial victory, Motorola brought its Linux phones to the US
| with its global launch of the Razr2 in 2007. Motorola's current Linux lineup
| features eight LiMo-compatible handsets and the company boasts that its total
| sales of Linux-based phones has exceeded 14 million as of this year.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081007-motorolas-linux-strategy-evolves-with-android.html

iPhone vs. Android : An Open Source Devs Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Andrea Gazzaniga, software development manager at mobile open
| source vendor Funambol the answer is not entirely clear. In a rambling
| overflow presentation at AjaxWorld's iPhone Sumitt, Gazzaniga attempted to
| outline the differences and similiaraties between iPhone and Android.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/03/iphone-vs-android-an-open-sour.html

First look: latest Google Android SDK a big improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested several of the applications that come with the SDK, including the
| mapping program, the contact book, and the web browser. I also tested the
| experimental Google Talk chat integration feature. I was able to connect to
| Google Talk and receive messages, which are displayed as items on the
| notification panel. The performance and usability of the bundled applications
| is pretty decent.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080217-first-look-latest-google-android-sdk-a-big-improvement.html

Could Android Grease Motorola's Wheels?