Re: [News] GNU/Linux XO Beats Windows XO, Says Young Judge

On 2008-10-25, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Eight-year-old picks Linux XO laptop over Windows
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A recently performed informal experiment saw an eight-year-old American
>| student pick the Linux version of the XO laptop over the Windows XP version.
>| The eight-year-old, representative of the target audience for the educational
>| notebook, spent an afternoon exploring each notebook, finally picking the
>| Linux version mostly because it had more software that was not yet explored.
> `----
>
> http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/10/24/kid.picks.linux.xo.laptop/

Well, what do you expect? You won't find anything on any Winders
install that a kid that age might like. Even Solitaire, Minesweeper and
Hearts is out of their league, and that's the closest you'll find for
that age on a Windwoes machine. Paint is best for littler kids, ones
who haven't been spoiled by Leapfrog yet.

For we adults, we also have access to notepad and defrag, although both
of those are probably severely limited to fit in the hardware specs of
the XO. And we also have the age-old fun of pushing icons around on the
desktop to prove how "advanced" we are as WinDOS gurus.

--
Welcome to Hell! Here's your copy of Windows.