Re: [News] GNU/Linux XO Beats Windows XO, Says Young Judge

Sinister Midget wrote:
Roy Schestowitz claimed:

Eight-year-old picks Linux XO laptop over Windows

,----[ Quote ]
A recently performed informal experiment saw an
eight-year-old American student pick the Linux version of
the XO laptop over the Windows XP version. The
eight-year-old, representative of the target audience for
the educational notebook, spent an afternoon exploring
each notebook, finally picking the Linux version mostly
because it had more software that was not yet explored.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/10/24/kid.picks.linux.xo.laptop/

Well, what do you expect? You won't find anything on any
Winders install that a kid that age might like. Even
Solitaire, Minesweeper and Hearts is out of their league, and
that's the closest you'll find for that age on a Windwoes
machine. Paint is best for littler kids, ones who haven't been
spoiled by Leapfrog yet.

Linux has quite a bit of software developed for the educationsal market. My daughter when she was that age enjoyed Linux, because I had many games installed that appealed to her age. I also had games installed for the son, who was a teenager, Myth-2, Heroes of Might and Magic-3, Decent-IV, etc.

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati