[News] Lots of Games Ported to GNU/Linux

OSS Gaming: Ready for the Big Leagues?

,----[ Quote ]
| Tux is no mere drone -- he likes having fun every now and then. When it comes
| to gaming, open source tools and applications have a lot to offer developers,
| but that's not where it stops. Open source games themselves can be had for
| little or no cost, and a lot of them offer just as much baddy-blasting
| entertainment as proprietary titles.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/64919.html

Icculus Ports Prey Game Client To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux client for Unreal Tournament 3 has yet to be released, and almost
| one year later we still have no idea when this game will arrive for Linux.
| Ryan Gordon (a.k.a. Icculus) that ported the UT3 server to Linux and is
| working on the client does have some news today but it's not about this game.
| Ryan Gordon has just released the Prey client for Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjgwNQ

Updates On Sacred, X3, Shadowgrounds

,----[ Quote ]
| Sacred: Gold had entered its beta on Linux back in June. Since then we
| haven't brought it up but the game is still going through its beta process at
| LGP. Just today in fact was the release of Sacred Beta 5. This fifth beta is
| being offered to LGP's closed testing community nearly three months after the
| earlier beta, but it does address most of the game's known issues.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjgwNg

Interactive novel for PC, Mac and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Heileen, developed by Tycoon Games, is a historical-fiction visual novel game
| with multiple endings.
`----

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-5061-Interactive-novel-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.html

Related:

Linux to game developers: No More Excuses

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell just showed us that the old "lack of market demand" excuse for
| Linux is falling flat. 200,000 users flooded Dell with requests
| for Linux pre-installed on their machines. That's just one
| manufacturer! Never mind the hundreds of thousands of Linux users,
| such as I, who gave up on Dell years ago.
|
| Previous to the Dell fiasco, I might have had my doubts about the
| commercial interests of Linux. But the last straw man has been
| beaten; from here on out, if you run a technology company and
| refuse to support Linux, it's because history's biggest and most
| oppressive monopoly is paying you not to.
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=linux_to_game_developers_no_more_excuses&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
http://tinyurl.com/yp2se2

Playing Classic Games Under Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Now if you still want to relive your old days and play these classics
| whether they belong to NES, SNES, or plain old DOS games Ubuntu
| provides a way of playing these classic on your Linux box.
`----

http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/03/playing-classic-games-under-ubuntu.html

Linux Gaming Made Easy

,----[ Quote ]