[News] New Ubuntu GNU/Linux System Tools and Artwork

Intrepid Ibex to be Bundled with Two More System Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical, the distributor of Ubuntu OS, is often blamed for not listening
| the community such as ignoring the request for changing/improving default
| appearance. But not this time. Ever since they launched
| brainstorm.ubuntu.com, they have been very responsive about what the Ubuntu
| fans want. As a result of this Intrepid Ibex, which is due to release on 30th
| of this month, will be packed with two very useful system tools.
`----

http://www.quicktweaks.com/2008/10/22/intrepid-ibex-to-be-bundled-with-two-more-system-tools/

Definitive Ubuntu 8.10 artwork

,----[ Quote ]
| A massive update (over 400 MB) changed some things though. The NewHuman theme
| has been renamed DarkRoom, but I don’t really see other changes, apart from
| the name.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2008/10/22/definitive-ubuntu-810-artwork/

Related:

WTF? Microsoft steals Apple Universal Logo

| Now, granted it's just a yin yang symbol, but M$ is using the exact same
| colors but flipped the image horizontally.
`----

http://flickr.com/photos/47714080@N00/309724870/

Microsoft gives up trying and starts blatantly copying?

,----[ Quote ]
| John Gruber just made quite an interesting post/find on his site
| about how Microsoft has straight copied Apple?s Workgroup
| Manager Icon.
`----

http://theappleblog.com/2006/12/11/microsoft-gives-up-trying-and-starts-blatantly-copying/

Microsoft Rips Off Apple's Workgroup Manager Icon

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://daringfireball.net/2006/12/microsoft_workgroup_manager_icon

http://iconfactory.com/home/permalink/1754