Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Attacked by the MAFIAA

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
> On Oct 23, 12:39 pm, Homer <use...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:

>>> Guns are a murderer's tool however we're still waiting for them
>>> to be banned from sale in the US. Nice double standards there.
>>
>> Not according to their logic it's not. In the Land of Nothing Is
>> Free "Intellectual Monopoly" violation is ranked more heinous than
>> murder, since they seem to value exploitation and greed above life
>> itself.
>
> This sort of thing's been around for awhile, regrettably; recall for
> instance the uproar about showing the wrong bit of Janet Jackson's
> anatomy (hello, everyone has a pair, even the males!) during the
> Super-Duper-Whopper-Oopsie!-Bowl XXXVIII aye-yey-yii! game in early
> 2004.  Oh, the calamity!  Oh, the depravity! Oh, the morality!  Oh,
> the raucous screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Yes I saw it on Boobtube, along with a rather hilarious spoof of the
incident that was used as a commercial for ... beer or something.

It was certainly an Oops Moment, but did I miss the copyright angle?

Did JJ copyright her nipples?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 02:21:20 up 13 days, 11:17,  3 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.05, 0.00