[News] GNU/Linux Changes the World, Servers First, Now Desktops

Linux Gains Flash, Ubuntu Gains Wikipedia - but Can They Change the World?

,----[ Quote ]
| On the other hand, "I think the more important news for Linux is that
| Wikipedia uses Linux!" yagu said. "While most people don't really care, it's
| something worth bragging about occasionally."
|
| Most people assume "Microsoft runs the world," yagu added, but many "would be
| surprised (and maybe even amazed) if they knew how much of their world is run
| on Unix. It's worth noting that for really hard, really big and really
| important uses, Linux is well-represented."
|
| For Ubuntu, meanwhile, "this is a great accomplishment, as it's emerged as a
| favorite distribution," he said. "Ubuntu demonstrates Linux *can* be easy to
| use and functional."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/64864.html

New case of point:

Ubuntu vs. XP From A Blogger’s Perspective

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcmech.com/article/ubuntu-vs-xp-from-a-bloggers-perspective/

| work to do."