Re: [News] Microsoft "Improves" Apache

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 20 October 2008 11:32 : \____

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=1407

>>> Good.
>>> Maybe Microsoft can fix everything that broken with OSS programs.
>>
>> They are more likely to 'contribute' patches that assist deployment on
>> Windows at guess-whose-expense.
>>

> Besides, they've had years to fix what's broken in Windows, and yet, the
> best selling windows applications are first-aid kits for windows
> (anti-virus etc).
>
> Frankly, I'd be more worried about Micrsoft beginning to infect such
> projects with Windows problems, thus bringing foss down to the level of

Developers should know better. Microsoft can squash them inside Windows,
whereas GNU/Linux has a Switzerland-like status.

Here is a leaked memo about "rat holes" for developers.
http://boycottnovell.com/comes-vs-microsoft/text/msg00067.html

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Kernel panic - more exciting than being /.'ted