Re: [News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

>> X+Composite enable 'Linux' to look and behave like anything you want it
>> to, including OS X.
>
> Just because someone adds a bunch of icons, fonts and colors that "look"
> like OSX will not magically convert Linux into OSX.  The main difference is
> that in OSX all of the applications and the OS fit and work together
> seemlessly. No matter what icons and window-borders you put on Linux... this
> isn't going to happen.

This is indeed true, and it is probably an issue for some people.

However, I have a very mixed desktop, running gnome, kde, fox-toolkit,
wxwidgets, console, and other kinds of apps on a fluxbox desktop with
help from KDE, Gnome, and XFce theming items.

Does it look as slick as a Mac, or even Win 2000/XP classic?  Not
really.  Does it do what I want?  And how!

--
I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were
wearing masks for.