[News] Adobe Irons Out Quirks in Flash for GNU/Linux

Benchmarking Flash Player 10 (Updated)

,----[ Quote ]
| Another big improvement for Linux users is the addition of support for
| Flash's video camera functionality. Adobe's Mike Melanson described this
| feature back in July when it appeared in beta 2. Adobe collected feedback and
| camera information from users to help fine-tune the camera support. It is
| implemented with the Video4Linux v2 API, which is tightly integrated with the
| Linux kernel and supports a wide range of devices.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081017-benchmarking-flash-player-10.html

Recent:

Flash Player 10 Is Live

,----[ Quote ]
| The release version of Flash Player 10 is out there and available for
| download. Hopefully, it will soon be available from your favorite automated
| update repository since such package management should resolve the new
| dependencies needed for Flash Player 10.
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2008/10/flash_player_10_is_live.html

Flash Cookies: The Silent Privacy Killer

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking at my list, I see over 100 websites that have been accessing the same
| cookie for the last year (the last time I formatted my computer). Some of
| them are storing only 1kb of information, some are storing the full 100 kb’s.
| On my own computer, I see that my bank is storing flash information despite
| the fact that there isn’t a single flash application visible when I log in to
| check my balance. I see Youtube, CNN, Microsoft, Rotten Tomatoes and a ton
| more!
`----

http://www.imasuper.com/66/technology/flash-cookies-the-silent-privacy-killer/

Related:

Adobe releases DRM tool for Flash video

,----[ Quote ]
| With a price tag of $40,000 per CPU, the tool is aimed at broadcasters and
| site operators that use Flash to serve streaming video.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2212474/adobe-releases-drm-tool-flash

Adobe Pushes DRM for Flash

,----[ Quote ]