Re: Toys R' Us Selling GNU/Linux PCs, Advertising Them in UK Newspapers

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:37:22 -0500, RonB wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
>
>> Apple makes great computers.
>> Too bad they didn't choose Linux instead of building off BSD.
>> I suppose they needed something that worked for the desktop users.
>
> Uh... Apple put their Desktop on top of BSD anyhow. So much for the rest of
> your screed.

 Indeed. Apple used about 80% of *BSD & bolted their own SW onto it. It's
interesting to note that, according to the guys at Future Publishing
(LinuxFORMAT, Windows XP, .NET magazines -
http://www.futurenet.com/futureonline/magazine_computing.asp) whose
management policy is to use Apples throughout the group, they *crash* at
least once a day.
 I understand that it *is* unusual for a *BSD distribution to crash, so
"go figure" as they say.

--
Did you know?
Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.