Re: Ballmer: iPhone will lose to Windows within 5 years

> ____/ QuantumLeaper on Monday 06 October 2008 21:15 : \____
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:19 : \____

>>> "Hey, let's make a huge price cut, advertise it widely, then measure the
>>> sales
>>> in a timeframe of one week/month and bombard journalists in a
>>> denial-of-service-style attack until they issue some distasteful
>>> coverage."
>>>
>>> *yawn*
>>>
>>> Same 'ol Softie...
>>>

>> What now price cuts are not against the rules?  The problem is the Wii
>> still
>> outsells the PS3, most of the time anyway,  so I guess they are fighting
>> for
>> number two.  My friend loves the slow ass downloads and the slow ass
>> installs on the PS3,  compared the XBox 360 and the Wii.
>
> Yes, they fight for #2 but lose a lot of money in the process. Reports
> suggest
> that both companies might quit this sector after this 'generation'.

Money is not made on the Console hardware,  but the fees they charge the
developers for selling the games,  it has been that way since the NES.  I
doubt either one will drop out of the console hardware,  but they may make
cheaper consoles,  expensive consoles at release don't sell that well.