[News] Red Hat's CEO Talks About Big GNU/Linux and ODF Wins

The man who wears the Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Now if NYSE, for instance, has mission critical software running on OS, the
| last thing they want is an iterative change impact. Here, we come in and make
| sure that OS is consumable by the enterprise, and is fully QA-strong, fully
| tested, performance-tuned, certified, equipped with documentation, SLAs,
| localization aspects, iterative change development, everything. We are the
| people who do that and ensure stable tested bits on mission-critical
| deployments. Besides we commit to support it for seven years. It's not just
| the support but we make it bulletproof.
|
| [...]
|
| More countries will use ODF and have OS tenders accordingly. More government
| lobby efforts are being seen. This has only raised the awareness in general.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/News/Interviews/The-man-who-wears-the-Red-Hat/61008111203/0/

Red Hat CEO: The secret to open-source success is iteration

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst was in India recently and gave an informative
| interview to CyberMedia News. In the interview Whitehurst addresses a range
| of topics--Microsoft's involvement in ODF, Red Hat's product plans for 2008
| and 2009, etc.--but it was his analysis of Red Hat's business model that I
| found particularly engaging.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10058670-16.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Recent:

No Recession at Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| It is flattering to be mentioned, Mr. Whitehurst said, but he noted that
| corporate customers and the industry benefit from what he called Red
| Hat’s “Switzerland status” — not being a province of one of the major powers
| in the technology industry.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/no-recession-at-red-hat/

Microsoft sees slide in profits

Microsoft Profit Drops; Forecast May Miss Estimates

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aQ7_iN1SxJ.c&refer=worldwide