[News] A Look at Ubuntu 8.10 and Fedora 10 Beta, Screensots

First look: latest Fedora and Ubuntu betas really shine

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers behind the increasingly popular Ubuntu and Fedora Linux
| distributions announced the availability of new beta releases last week.
| These betas, which offer users an opportunity to get an early look at the
| functionality that will be included in the next major versions, are already
| highly polished and showcase the growing maturity of the desktop Linux
| software ecosystem.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081006-first-look-latest-fedora-and-ubuntu-betas-really-shine.html

Fedora 10 Beta ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
| No need to introduce Fedora as they are usually in the top 5 at
| http://distrowatch.com. Fedora always stay current with the newest open
| source packages and usually at the forefront of the Linux Community. So with
| no further delay..... Check these Fedora 10 Beta ScreenShots.
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/fedora-10-beta-screenshots.html

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
| Providing high school students with PCs is seen as a first step to preparing
| them for a technology-literate future, but in the Philippines many schools
| cannot afford to provide computing facilities so after a successful
| deployment of 13,000 Fedora Linux systems from a government grant, plans are
| underway to roll out another 10,000 based on Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117

Recent:

He's fighting to free us from Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Frields, of Raleigh, N.C.-based Red Hat Inc., is a real player in the open
| source world, and he lives and works in Fredericksburg. Red Hat, founded in
| 1995,  is a free and open source software company and a major Linux
| distribution vendor known for its enterprise operating system Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux. He's Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader. Fedora is a
| community-supported free and open-source Linux-based operating system.
`----

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/092008/09132008/410285

Migration to Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Every time when user wants to try something different, many unanswered
| questions raised. Is is good? Why should I migrate, I am satisfied from my
| operating system now. Could I lose data on my computer? Is it possible just
| to see that thing and if I like it I would give it a try?
|
| Yes, now it is possible. Take a virtual migration tour with screenshots in
| just a few clicks. Do not try anything until you liked it! When you are
| completely sure about that, then you would migrate on real.
`----

http://spreadfedora.org/sf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=40

Fedora 10 Codenamed "Cambridge"

,----[ Quote ]
| Cambridge was the Red Hat project that went on to form Fedora Core and it was
| the release name for Fedora Core 1. Now with Fedora 10, Red Hat has gone
| full-circle and its codename is Cambridge. This codename was voted on by
| Fedora contributors and among the other contenders were Farnsworth, Nitrate,
| Saltpetre, Terror, and Whiskey Run.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYyNg

Early Fedora 10 Artwork

,----[ Quote ]
| Since I did a look at Ubuntu’s early concept art and since I am usually very
| impressed by Fedora’s final art, I decided that it would make sense to take a
| look at what has appeared on the Fedora Art Team wiki. I have actually been
| waiting a few days to do this, since, as of just a few days ago, there were
| not enough submissions that I liked to talk about.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/07/11/early-fedora-10-artwork/

Fedora on the Final Frontier

,----[ Quote ]