[News] Qt Gains Telepathy Abilities

Telepathy support in Qt Extended - soon in main Qt?

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, Qtopia was renamed as Qt Extended and released in version 4.4
| Besides the political interesting questions regarding future Nokia mobile
| devices the new release caught my interest because of a specific feature:
| Telepat[hy] support.
|
| The recent release of Qt’s Qt Extended was quite interesting because it
| showed that Nokia is supporting the further development of this mobile device
| framework - which means that we might expect future Nokia devices using Qt
| Extended. Given the current situation regarding the iPhone and Google Android
| on the one hand and the large community of Qt/KDE developers on the other
| hand Qt Extended might be a valid option for Nokia for future devices.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/10/04/telepathy-support-in-qt-extended-soon-in-main-qt/

"I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
public good."

                                --Adam Smith

Recent:

Nokia launches Linux-based Qt Extended mobile platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia announced today the launch of Qt Extended 4.4, a complete mobile and
| embedded development platform based on the open source Qt toolkit. It is
| designed with a modular architecture that provides building blocks for
| assembling a Linux-based software stack for various embedded devices ranging
| from phones to set-top boxes.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080930-nokia-launches-linux-based-qt-extended-mobile-platform.html

Qt Software Introduces a New Release of Qt Extended, a Software Development
Platform for Consumer Electronics

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/qt-software-introduces-new-release/story.aspx?guid=%7B307F7FE9-6843-431A-A7DD-2745392A0F9E%7D&dist=hppr