Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 4th of October, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 4th of October, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 07:40:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 518 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     253 1058699     2%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>            50   57397    59%
   3. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   34   25370    74%
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 20   26893    75%
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      18   32471    74%
   6. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   17   24920    34%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    11    4505    64%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       11   12684    69%
   9. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         10   22075    11%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     10   17988    81%
  11. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                8   14770    81%
  12. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          7    5277    36%
  13. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.    6   11519    39%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                6    6677    86%
  15. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       5    8559    88%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                5    6355    28%
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    5   12590    15%
  18. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4    2912    48%
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    4   20377    89%
  20. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         3    2753     6%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            3    5648    66%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                3    2399    79%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>            3    2619    71%
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        3    3016    61%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               3    5804    31%
  26. linuxmalaysia <linuxmalaysia@xxxxxxxxx>            2    4500     0%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           2    1255    50%
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2     749    30%
  29. snipe <windowssuks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             1    1726    56%
      thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                    1     409    75%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Microsoft's "Destroy Borland" Story Returns              23   42496
   2. A Tale of Two Printer Installs.... Linux vs Window       22   44182
   3. [News] Many New Products from Debt-approaching Mic       21   18206
   4. Quarkbuntu released                                      18   10242
   5. How simple are newbies anyway?                           17   33803
   6. Linux and OSS provide quality easy listening             13   15422
      Higher cost of Linux system administrators?              13   14345
      [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Cost UK Banks and C       13   12486
   9. A Debian stinker                                          9    9834
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Betrays Partners, Funds M        9   13608
  11. [News] One Million GNU/Linux Laptops Come to Venez        6   17004
      [News] Gentoo Raves Come After Release Schedule is        6    5242
      Windows in High Performance Computing                     6   18978
  14. dose ISR could be PREEMPTIVED in linux-2.6 ?              5    4751
      Linux Filesystems Put Microsoft Windows to Shame (        5    2398
      [NEWS] No 1,52 billion dollar fine for Microsoft!         5    4156
      Microsoft Pays for Searching 'Til April 2009, Fire        5    7010
  18. Antitrust regulators want a less 'grudging' Micros        4    4446
      [OT] New Free Marti van Lin album out now                 4    3314
      RMS Looks Beyond Dying Proprietary Software, Slams        4   15445
  21. [News] Broken Patent Systems and the Effect on Fin        3   15255
      What others besides QT?                                   3    3761
      DooFUS: Linux rocks my world                              3     494
      Van Wensveen update                                       3    2305
      [News] Linux Boots in 5 Seconds, Dell Puts MontaVi        3    9114
      Great New Linux Community Designed UMPC/Console!!         3    3839
      Grey background for ACPIBattery desklet                   3    2677
      UMPC - Acer Aspire One Review                             3    3016
      [News] Dutch Patent Office Moves to Free Software         3    7584
  30. More Anal Content Shakedown                               2    1155
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     18
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           17
   3. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        11
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         7
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 7
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      7
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       7
   8. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      6
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      6
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         6
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     6
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    4
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              4
  15. Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      2
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   2
  19. user.ubuntu@xxxxxxxxx                                             1
      lion3875 <lion3875@xxxxxxxxx>                                     1
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        1
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           1
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           1
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          1
      steve_schefter@xxxxxxxxxxx                                        1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    133
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        73
   3. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        68
      Chris Ahlstrom <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           68
   5. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        66
   6. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     63
   7. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          62
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   60
   9. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                59
  10. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      58
  11. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     55
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              55
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    55
  14. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              54
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           284
   2. slrn                                                            105
   3. Thunderbird                                                      63
   4. G2/1.0                                                           31
   5. Pan                                                              17
   6. Forte Agent                                                      11
   7. tin                                                               2
   8. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 07:40:26 up 49 days,  4:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.13, 0.03