Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Betrays Partners, Funds More Propaganda

> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 03 October 2008 07:22 : \____
>
>> Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> This really sums up their whole mentality ... "evil" is just a necessary
>>> part of the game,  and therefore attacking others is par for the course.
>>> Therefore anyone who whines about this is some kind of "loony hypocrite"
>>> or something. I've said this before, but I really do not think they know
>>> they're doing anything wrong ("Greed is good", so doing anything, "evil"
>>> or otherwise, to achieve that goal is perfectly "acceptable").
>>>

>> This is the cultural problem which I believe has so infected their
>> thinking that they're unable to see competition in any other way.
>
> It's also an obsession with /control/. This relates to revisionist that led
> people to believe that proprietary is "normal" or "default", whereas open
> source is something "new", even "disruptive". It's natural for the industry to
> collaborate like it used to (Free software predates proprietary), but
> Microsoft needed to /end/ this collaboration. And it says a lot.

Well, open-source is new and disruptive for most people, however, I
agree that it should not be seen as being in any way wrong, which I
believe is what you're driving at.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |