Re: Alex Jones claims Microsoft is a front for IBM

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> If I'd simply quoted Roy-written text or linked to it, you would not
>> have looked, your automatic belief in everything Roy says would have
>> kicked in.
>
> Don't give me that crap, Tim.
>
> By nature, I'm a skeptic.  I think for myself.
>
> I've already explained many times my thoughts on Roy.
>
>> By just citing the original article, I was giving you a chance to read
>> it, and be puzzled why I would mention since an innocent story as if
>> there was something significant.  I figured that you would express that
>> puzzlement, Roy would see that and jump in, and demonstrate how loony he
>> actually is, in a way that even you might see as looney.
>
> Unfortunately not.
>
> I think Paul Thurott is more loony than Roy is, and Moshe, DFS, and even
> Hadron exceed Roy in lunacy, and are certainly often way more
> unpleasant

Could you quote some of this lunacy? Maybe you could quote me bad
mouthing Linux too where I did not back it up with facts? Or is your
head too deep in the sand?

> than Roy, who generally responds with a light touch even when provoked
> (alleged castration threats aside).

Alleged? Heel Liarnut! Heel!

> I would much rather Roy be posting, and suffer some inaccurate links,
> lame quips <grin>, and even some tin-foil hat material, than have to
> read the rantings, insults, and outright lies posted by many others
> here.
>
> Roy's biggest problem is that he is digging into Microsoft dirt, and
> hence attracts ad hominem attacks from unpleasant munchkins who won't
> flinch from mud-slinging in defense of Microsoft's dominance.

Munchkins? You talk like Roy now!

> And, like most of us, he makes mistakes or goes too far from time to
> time, which makes the attacks easier.

Err, hence he IS attacked. He goes too far and he is a tin foil hat
wearing loony.

--
"Maybe you can buy a Saturday Night Special and blow your POS brains out."
                  -- Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx> in comp.os.linux.advocacy