Re: [News] GNU/Linux Skeptic Discovers It's Suitable for Schooling

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The Linux laptop goes to school
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I know some people might think this $400 Linux laptop is a Microsoft
> | killer. It?s more like a Dell killer. There are no moving parts ? it?s
> | just chips and a screen. For extra memory there?s an SD card slot, or
> | plug in a hard drive through a USB port.

I still think its a marketing mistake to talk about $400 laptops because
a) it isn't true any more
b) it locks out schools, teachers and students from very real options
   open to all
c) its deceptive marketing to talk about the world as being composed
   of $400 laptops when its really gone down to $98

Very fast and Fully Featured $98 Linux Laptop!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQbN6tpYXw