Re: Zombie plague sweeps the internet

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 05 Sep 2008 07:45:50 +0000
<17465279.pNYssUk15F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Friday 05 September 2008 00:31 : \____
>
>>> This explains why over 120 billion items SPAM circulate per day. That's
>>> enough to feed every human on the planet over 20 "Delete presses" per day.
>>>
>>> What is the speed of spam? 7.8 billion messages per hour!
>>
>> Assuming 450,000 zombots, that works out to 4.8 messages per second
>> per bot.
>
> IIRC, only 10 million are actively used per day (they shuffle pools).
> The other ones are 'on notice'.

Wouldn't surprise me.  I'll have to restudy Sun Tzu
but I do believe he is a fan of holding certain forces
in reserve; this is a form of warfare, and also of theft
(bandwidth theft, if nothing else).

[.sigsnip]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because a BSOD is just so 20th century; why not
try our new color changing variant?