Re: Microsoft Still Lagging Behind in Web-based Office Suites

bbgruff wrote:
nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sep 5, 4:35 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Office Live, you're no Google Docs

,----[ Quote ]
| Offlice Live does have its own text editor, but it's rather weak and
| doesn't have Google Docs' killer feature: simultaneous editing. If
| someone edits a document you've got open and you then try to save it, you
| get a conflict error and have to decide whose edits you want to kill.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10032096-2.html?tag=newsFeaturedB...

Well Microsoft cannot have any enthusiasm about developing Web apps.
If they do, they undercut Office; if they don't, Google will outdo
them.  Given their attitude, Google will outdo them anyway.  Too bad.

But I thought that MS was *very* enthusiastic about "Web apps".
Isn't that similar to SaaS?
- or have I got that all wrong?

They're enthusiastic about "pay as you go" web apps but they can't get that going yet, especially if google's offering is free.