[News] FOSS Prominent in Conference, Word on FOSS Developer Toolkits

Open Source Blossoms at TDWI

,----[ Quote ]
| The people who say that open source has no impact or visibility in the data
| warehouse market were shown to be wrong at the TDWI conference in San Diego.
| We saw a continued rise in open source data warehousing products this summer.
| Jaspersoft, Talend, Ingres and newcomer Kickfire all had booths at this
| event. That's a big change from no presence roughly 18 months ago.
`----

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2008/09/open_source_blo.html

OSCON: Open Source Developer Toolkit

,----[ Quote ]
| Where do you start building a large scaleable service? Chances are you will
| start with work done by Brad Fitzpatrick, Doug Cutting and Simon
| Peyton-Jones. Brad is the author of several core tools of Web 2.0, memcached,
| mogilefs and perlbal. Doug gives us Lucene, Nutch and the Open Source
| implementation of the Google MapReduce in Hadoop. Simon researches and
| contributes to Haskell as one of the core develops of the Glasgow Haskell
| Compiler and functional language. Today, all three joined Tim O'Reilly on
| stage at the Open Souce Radar Executive Briefing to discuss how Web 2.0
| requirements are changing the Open Source Developer kit.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/2007/07/oscon-open-source-developer-to.html

Related:

Open Source will never be the same…