[News] Why Google Chrome is Good New for GNU/Linux (Out Soon)

Google Chrome: First run around the track

,----[ Quote ]
| I do think that Chrome, once it moves to Linux, has the potential to be a big
| help for desktop Linux. If Google is successful with its Chrome scheme, then
| a side-effect will be to dwindle Windows' market share.
|
| [...]
|
| "Wow!" is these sites exploding, instead of crawling, on my display. A quick
| run of the SunSpider JavaScript benchmark revealed that it wasn't just my
| perception. The test showed that IE 7 had a result of 59,682.1 milliseconds;
Firefox 3.01 came in with 11,267.1 milliseconds; and Chrome ripped off a
| remarkable 3,617.8 milliseconds.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/google_chrome_first_run_around_the_track

Some people already compile it for GNU/Linux.

If Google’s new browser isn’t even available on Linux, why is this great news
for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Good for the internet. Good for Google. Good for Linux. Not bad.
`----

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/jzemlin/2008/09/02/if-google%e2%80%99s-new-browser-isn%e2%80%99t-even-available-on-linux-why-is-this-great-news-for-linux/#comment-4217
http://tinyurl.com/6k9j62

Recent:

Cloud computing about to rain on Microsoft parade

,----[ Quote ]
| Work from home and get paid to log on to YouTube — that’s life in “the
| cloud”.
|
| The cloud, or cloud computing, is the latest phrase on the lips of every IT
| geek, and they say it’s transforming our lives by quantum leaps and bounds.
`----

http://www.thetimes.co.za/Careers/Article.aspx?id=832410

11 Reasons Why Firefox Should Really, Really Be Afraid of Google's Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/articles/2008/09/02/11-reasons-why-firefox-should-really-really-be-afraid-googles-chrome/