Re: Why Google Chrome is Good New for GNU/Linux (Out Soon)

On Sep 3, 7:43 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Google Chrome: First run around the track
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I do think that Chrome, once it moves to Linux, has the potential to be a big
> | help for desktop Linux. If Google is successful with its Chrome scheme, then
> | a side-effect will be to dwindle Windows' market share.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | "Wow!" is these sites exploding, instead of crawling, on my display. A quick
> | run of the SunSpider JavaScript benchmark revealed that it wasn't just my
> | perception. The test showed that IE 7 had a result of 59,682.1 milliseconds;
> Firefox 3.01 came in with 11,267.1 milliseconds; and Chrome ripped off a
> | remarkable 3,617.8 milliseconds.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/google_chrome_first_run_around_the_track

As always, SJVN is interesting.  People really don't like slow
browsing experiences.  If Chrome is that much faster, it will catch
on.

I've heard people complain about Google apps, that they're slow.  This
could obviously have a big impact on the friendliness of using them
over MS Office.