Re: [News] Microvell Employee Throws Slime at Ubuntu, Gets Slammed in Return

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <1710581.XNK6Bk7m3N@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It bothered me that recently when Shuttleworth blogged (wow! He
>> blogged) about hiring a /handful/ of developers to 'challenge the
>> Mac', the media went insane, covering this little recruitment step
>> like it was the Second Coming. Don't Red Hat already have /thousands/
>> of people doing something similar?
>
> If so, Red Hat has done a pretty good job of keeping them secret.

There's a bit of a disconnect here.  Roy seems to be mixing up
"challenging the Mac" with the rather large contributions that Red Hat
has made in other areas of Linux (e.g. kernel and the Insight debugger).

But Red Hat was, I think, the first to bring Linux into the
consciousness of the general public.  It was for me, anyway.

And RedHat has contributed greatly to the toolset of the average user, I
think.

--
The party adjourned to a hot tub, yes.  Fully clothed, I might add.
		-- IBM employee, testifying in California State Supreme Court