Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Jokes at Vista's Expense, "7" Another Vista Disaster

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Jokes at Vista's Expense, "7" Another Vista Disaster
  • From: Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:48:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/life-without-walls-27276

[quote]
Actually even in one of windows advertisement there is a subliminal
Linux reference where they use a bunch of penguins. It just goes to show
how much they feel threatened by software that is written by a bunch of
amateur hackers :)
[/quote]

How strange for the Vole to be so fearful of a competitor with such a
supposedly "tiny market share".

[quote]
Microsoft's actions are not those of breaking down walls. They are more
those of master wall builders. Not only for future and current
competition but for the end users, the people who rent and use their
products. This is the reason they are trotting out this tripe of an
advertising campaign to try and rebuild their image. Their own actions
have damaged their reputation and allowed alternatives that really do
have no walls to gain more public mind share than microsoft is
comfortable with.
[/quote]

Surely anyone with even half a brain will see right through the Vole's
"tripe". Then again, there seems to be an inordinate number of consumers
with considerably less than half a brain these days. However, a record
number of Windows users resisted Vista quite belligerently, even to the
point of signing petitions, so there's hope yet.

What I find most amusing is that Microsoft, with all their vast
resources, can't even sell their own lies effectively. This whole string
of efforts - the deeply embarrassing Seinfeld fiasco; the ironically
Mac-produced "Get a PC" campaign; and now this awkward and glaringly
inaccurate "slavery is freedom" doubleplus indoctrination, is the most
amateur and self-defeating exercise in damage limitations that I've ever
witnessed. It's excruciatingly humiliating.

As Messiah Jobs once observed with stunning accuracy, "Microsoft have no
taste".

It shows.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:47:49 up 35 days,  5:00,  5 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.15