Re: [News] [SOT] British Government Embraces Microsoft Mentality, Will Permit Spyware

Homer wrote:
Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
Hadron wrote:

Serious question : I know in some apartment blocks they dont like
people hanging their washing out (frankly they could stick that law
if it was my flat), but do the busy body councils also try and tell
people they can not hang their washing in their gardens too?
I'd never heard of that one before, although with the way some of the
gestapo outfits that pass for local councils these days act, it
would not surprise me one bit.

The one that gets me is where they mandate that you can't have any form
of barricade round your property ... no fences; hedges; walls - nothing.
It has to be that American suburban-style open-plan rubbish that allows
every dog in the neighbourhood to crap on your lawn, and every screaming
brat for miles to congregate in front of your house to play football.

Some "luxury" property this turned out to be.

Frankly I don't get it. Did I or did I not pay for this house? I *am*
the owner, right? So why can't I do whatever the hell I want to it?
Surely having a physical barrier round the perimeter is perfectly
reasonable to most people ... except to the loony councillors of course.

I've never heard of that one. Whereabouts are you exactly? My property is fenced in on three sides.