[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Totalitarian

Ten Striking Parallels Between Microsoft and John McCain

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft and McCain: More of the Same.
|
| Note that this compairson is not meant to suggest Microsoft agrees with
| McCain in political issues. Microsoft has actually pulled its funding from
| the Republicans it has been primarily courting since 2000, and has recently
| been putting its cash almost exclusively behind Democrats, no doubt because
| it sees Obama winning.
|
| It also shouldn’t be taken to suggest approval of Microsoft by McCain’s
| campaign, nor disapproval of Linux or Apple products by McCain. In fact,
| readers have forwarded in evidence that McCain’s campaign uses Macs and
| Apple’s Keynote software to publish its presentations.
|
| The only real commonality is that neither Microsoft nor McCain is served by
| telling the truth, because they really have nothing to offer. And so they
| desperately try to copy those who are successful, downplay reality with
| distractions, and outright attack the truth with blatant lies.
|
| They can only get away with it if Americans keep buying it.
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/09/15/ten-striking-parallels-between-microsoft-and-john-mccain/

Related:

5 Ways in which Bush is like Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
|     * No matter how much Bush screws his people, he is still
|       president! == No matter how much Ballmer screws his customers,
|       MS is still popular.
|
|     * Bush talks a lot. He is able to make people see non-existent weapons.
|       == Ballmer was actually operated on for talking too much...
|
|     * Bush rules his people by FUD... == Ballmer wins market
|       share by FUD. Telling users that Linux is communism and that open
|       source does not have technical support and its insecure.
|
|     * Bush takes advantage of moments of grief to further his fascism... ==
|       Microsoft takes advantage of suffering children in developing
|       countries...
|
|     * Bush is obsessed with national security... == Microsoft is
|       obsessed with a one size fits all frenzy...
`----

http://findsecrets.blogspot.com/2006/11/5-ways-in-which-bush-is-like-ballmer.html

McCain comes out against Net Neutrality; Says would hire Microsoft CEO Steve
Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| In another move that was sure to infuriate many geeks, the 70 year
| old presidential hopeful also said that he would ask Microsoft CEO
| Steve Ballmer to serve on his cabinet to deal with technology issues
| if elected. He did not however say what position Ballmer might be
| hired in, but did joke that he might consider him for a diplomatic
| position, such as ambassador to China.
`----

http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/05/30/mccain-comes-out-against-net-neutrality-says-would-hire-microsoft-ceo-steve-ballmer/

Recent:

IP advisers agree U.S. patent office needs reform

,----[ Quote ]
| Rai has signed a brief in the case arguing for a broad scope in what can be
| patented. But Obama co-sponsored a patent reform bill in 2007 that would have
| prohibited patents on tax-avoidance strategies, Reines noted. He suggested
| that McCain supports wide patentability on technology, including
| software. “Software is a very important industry, and Senator McCain believes
| we need to support our innovation economy critically,” Reines said.
|
| The McCain side didn’t take a position on business method patents.
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2008/09/08/story4.html?b=1220846400^1694886

McCain advised by software patent & tobacco lobbyists?

,----[ Quote ]
| McCain is advised by pro-software patent lobbyist Ray Gifford, ex-President
| of the Progress & Freedom Foundation (a Washington 'think-tank' notably
| financed by Microsoft lobby proxy CompTIA). Gifford was speaking in a
| conference Europe about the failed software patent directive with all the
| pro-software patent lobbyists. Progress & Freedom Foundation runs the
| IPCentral blog.
`----

http://stopsoftwarepatents.org/forum/t-86361/mccain-advised-by-software-patent-tobacco-lobbyists

McCain senior advisor Carleton Fiorina