[News] Another Review of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 8.10 (Alpha 6)

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" (Alpha 6): first impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| The second good thing that I have noticed is that it is gorgeous to look at.
| Compiz (the 3D desktop) is enabled by default, so I get all the nice 3D
| effects. This is pretty incredible as I have an onboard video card which
| shares 128MB of the system RAM. Vista's Aero would just laugh at this video
| card and tell it to grow up!
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20793/1162/1/0/

Recent:

Ubuntu Ibex Alpha 6 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| This alpha 6 release is shipped with the latest Gnome 2.23.92, which is a
| testing and development series for the upcoming Gnome 2.24. Hopefully, we can
| see the 2.24 in action in the beta release of Ubuntu Ibex.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/ubuntu-ibex-alpha-6-review/2008/09/23

Review: Xubuntu 8.10 'Intrepid Ibex' Alpha 6

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're planning on gaming on an older machine but have an affection for
| Ubuntu, then Xubuntu is an obvious choice. Games these days eat quite a lot
| of resources, and with LCD screens almost enforcing you to use native
| resolutions your older machine will be working overtime to pump out the
| pixels. From what I've seen, Xubuntu is stable even at this stage of
| development (just over a month to go to the final version) and I'd recommend
| it to anyone with an older machine who is wanting to access the new goodies
| in the Ibex repositories.
`----

http://www.headshotgamer.com/review.aspx?id=75

Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex Alpha 6 [screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_intrepid_alpha6&num=1